FIVE THINGS I’M THINKING ABOUT TODAY
1. It’s Thursday, February 12, 2015. It’s 37 days until spring, 129 days until summer. Hurry up, both of you!
2. Believe it or not, I’m rethinking evolution. Because the following two examples could be seen as proof that it does not exist:
3. There’s Alabama’s so-called chief justice, who clearly hasn’t evolved much beyond Neanderthal. Instead of respecting the law, which one would think is a prerequisite for a state chief justice, he seems intent on imposing his grunting hatred. Clearly, Darwin never met this cetriolo.
4. And then there’s the governor of Wisconsin. Asked in London if he believes in evolution, he ducked the question. He couldn’t say “Yes, of course, I’m not an idiot” or “No, I stand with all the other dumbasses who think science is a plot against God.”
Scott Walker wants to be President of the United States. First, however, I think maybe he should aspire to the ability to think and breathe at the same time.
5. CBS News correspondent Bob Simon was tortured in an Iraqi prison and was on one of the last helicopters to leave Saigon. He faced danger all over the world. So the fact that he died in a car accident in New York City seems strange, ironic and sad. Sympathies to his colleagues and family trying to make sense of this.